Sunday, October 18, 2020

Thoughts on Reddit as a Historical Source

 I am not saying that reddit is by any means always a credible or accurate source for historical information, but I will say that if I am looking for some general context of information about a specific historical event or time period, it is helpful to search it up on reddit and just see what people have to say.

Again, as there is no way to even identify the true identity of the author of reddit posts or comments, much less verify their credibility and the accuracy of the information they are providing, the information is not something I would reference as fact. At the same time, it is helpful to sift through various points of view on a topic, which often times allows you to gain some insight and knowledge on the topic, and probably learn some new things which may (or may not) be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts on Reddit as a Historical Source

 I am not saying that reddit is by any means always a credible or accurate source for historical information, but I will say that if I am lo...